- The Gospel Project for Kids is a Christ-centered Bible study resource (from Lifeway Christian Resources) that follows a chronological timeline of Bible events—presenting the story of redemption through Jesus like kids have never seen it before! Each week, these stories come to life through video, music, activities, and more. Over a three-year plan of study, each session immerses kids in the gospel through every story, theological concept, and call to missions from Genesis to Revelation.
- The children’s division put “feet” to their studies for missionaries. Each December Grades 1st -6th do a mission project called “Lotta Pennies for Lottie.” Along with bringing their own pennies, the children that arrive early for Sunday School collect pennies/change from adult Sunday School classes to contribute to the church’s Lottie Moon Christmas offering goal for foreign missionaries. In 2018 they collected $702.15. The boys and girls have collected $7650.71since 2003.
- For fun and fellowship, one of the goals of the children’s division is to promote “family” activities, which we host twice a year.
- In October we have a bonfire, which includes roasting hot dogs, games, tractor rides, and much more ending in a campfire devotional time.
- In February we have a theme based party involving our children and their families.
- In November we have an outreach activity called Make It Take It. We send a letter home with the children or through email informing the parents and encouraging the children to do extra jobs around the house to earn money for the gifts. They choose and complete handmade items and wrap them for family and friends. The day also involves a special devotion time.
- Vacation Bible School is held for one week every June for children 4 years old through 6th grade. Our VBS meets each evening Monday through Friday of that week from 6:15 pm to 8:45 pm. VBS 2020 will be June 8-12!
- In addition to these activities, at Christmas time we always have a group “Birthday party for Jesus” for our combined grades, during the Sunday School hour.